Bask in the summer sun with a day pass to pools, patios, and outdoor spaces at hotels and resorts around Houston.
As we inch into the dog days of summer, finding spots around Houston where you can cool off and enjoy a dip in the pool becomes a high priority. But fear not, because Houston is home to dozens of pools and places to unwind at its many hotels and resorts around town.
What’s more is that you don’t need to be an overnight guest at the hotel in order to enjoy amenities when you book a day pass through the hotel and other partner sites, like ResortPass. We’ve narrowed down to 10 of the best spots in town where you can take a lap on the lazy river, sip on tropical drinks, and perfect your tan for summer 2021.
Please note that day pass prices and availability are subject to change based on booking date, demand, and at the facility’s discretion.
Top 10 Day Passes for Pools in Houston
- Omni Houston Hotel at Westside – Along the Katy Freeway, wedged between Beltway 8 and Highway 6, this Omni Houston location offers access to their outdoor pool, hot tub, and fitness center, plus small bites and beverages at its Over The Counter market. Day passes range from $15 to $25 for adults; $15 to $20 for ages 3 to 12; free for ages under 3. 6am to 10pm daily.
- Omni Houston Hotel Galleria – This luxury hotel in Uptown features 2 outdoor pools, a state-of-the-art fitness center, plus food and craft cocktails from the Birdies Café and Bar. Upgrade to the VIP Wellness Day Pass and receive a 50-minute massage or facial, a complimentary beverage, and access to the Mokara Spa relaxation lounge, hot tub, dry sauna, and steam room. $50 for an adult day pass; $150 for a VIP day pass. Pool hours are 9am to 10pm daily; spa hours are Thursday to Sunday 10am to 6pm.
- Four Seasons Hotel Houston in Downtown – Unwind at this rooftop pool surrounded by Downtown skyscrapers, which includes access to the hot tub, along with food and drink service from the Pool Deck Cafe. Upgrade to the Cabana Suite (up to 4 people) and enjoy an outside patio with seating, plus a private poolside suite with bed and bathroom from 10am to 6pm. $50 for ages 3 and up; free for ages under 3; $350 for a Cabana Suite. 11am to 6pm daily.
- Marriott Marquis Houston in Downtown – The centerpiece of this popular pool is the Texas-shaped lazy river on the 6th floor of the hotel, which also includes a heated infinity pool, towel service, and food and beverages available for purchase. The Marriott Marquis also offers a spa pass that includes access to the steam room and relaxation lounge ($40 to $75), or several passes that provide amenities for groups of 2 up to 10. Pool hours are 9am to 10pm daily; spa hours are 9:30am to 6:30pm daily.
- Hilton Houston Plaza in Medical Center – This rooftop pool offers skyline views, food and beverage service, and access to the fitness center. $35 for ages 14 and up; $15 for ages 3 to 12; free for ages under 3. 7am to 9pm daily.
- Hilton Americas-Houston in Downtown – Located across from Discovery Green, the 24th-floor indoor infinity pool offers beautiful skyline views and makes for great lap swimming. Day passes also provide access to an oversized whirlpool, steam room, sauna, fitness center, and outdoor terrace. Day passes start at $30. 9am to 7pm daily.
- The Houstonian Hotel in Uptown – Find time to unwind at this luxurious hotel that provides day passes to the Trellis Spa, offering access to its soaking pools, meditation gardens, jacuzzi, indoor reflection pool, relaxation lounge, and dining room. Packages with additional perks are also available for retreats for 2 ($400 to $450) or groups of 5 or more ($840 and up). $120 per person. Hours vary.
- El Segundo Swim Club – In the East End, this 21+ swim club offers an alternative to the resort pools with an outdoor pool, lounge chairs and hammocks, full bar service, towel and sunscreen service, and private cabanas for rent. General day passes are $29.99, with options available for day bed rentals (2 to 4 people) and cabana reservations (10 to 12 people). Saturdays 11am to sunset; Sundays noon to sunset.
- The Woodlands Resort – At this resort, you’ll have access to the Forest Oasis Waterpark which features 2 pools, 30-ft waterslides, a lazy river, and kiddie pool with children’s splash pad. Plus, there are 3 whirlpools, tennis courts and bicycles available for rental, food and beverage service, and ice cream on the weekends. Packages are available with additional amenities for groups of up to 6 people ($400 to $600) and up to 10 people ($800 to $1000). $55 to $70 for ages 16 and up; $45 to $60 for ages 3 to 15; free for ages under 3. Pool hours are 9am to 10pm daily; slide and other amenity hours vary.
- The Westin at the Woodlands – If you have a group ready for some fun in the sun, then this rooftop pool overlooking the Woodlands Waterway is hard to beat, with cabanas available for up to 6 people, plus poolside food and beverage service on the weekends. Cabanas start at $200, with deluxe cabanas featuring additional amenities available for $500. 6am to 10pm daily.